Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Catching Up: Things 15-19

I'm catching up on things I just kind of blew past in recent weeks. I went back to Thing 15 and re-read the information on the future of libraries. "Away from the Icebergs" and "Advocacy: A Ripple Effect" really address issues that relate so intimately to the work we do here daily...and reinforce the need to continue the efforts to make this a place that serves everyone in our population in a relevant manner. Good information to have top of mind, especially as we head off to "yet-another-meeting"; it keeps one from becoming jaded!
One of the things I have enjoyed most about this entire program has been finding the neat tidbits on the other participant's blogs. Clicking away on interesting links (while time-consuming) has led to some of the best ideas I've found.
Thing 17 - On that note, I was so happy that I had wandered in to "Buried Under Books" on Thing 17 (Sandbox Wiki) and read about Tina's frustration with logging in . I might never have found the key (feels like a kid's video game) if I hadn't read her blog-so I added a comment via pdWiki - thanks, Tina!
Thing 18 - I really liked Zoho Writer and created a test document to share...I'll have to see how it works
Thing 19-So many great sites on the Web 2.0 awards; Lulu was one of my favorites. Hmmm...maybe someday I'll get around to writing a book...

1 comment:

Rawhouser said...

Hello, Jeanne! I'm SO glad to hear that my tip about the wiki password actually helped someone else. Makes it feel like I did something worthy that day. :-)